SuperFit Mouthguard Fitting Instructions
To Fit This Mouthguard You Will Need:
- SuperFit Mouthguard
- 16 oz. glass measuring cup
- Temperature Strip (included in packaging) or a thermometer
- Pot / Pan
- A clock or watch with second hand
Note:The SuperFit Mouthguard has a very tight and close fit. The advanced material softens to a firm putty-like consistency that provides ample time to manipulate and form to the teeth. Take Your Time and Don't Rush.
- Heat 16 oz water on stove or in microwave DO NOT BOIL, and pour 12 oz into glass measuring cup
- Fully immerse temperature strip into hot water or insert thermometer.
- Slowly mix in small amounts of room temperature water to cool hot water to appropriate temperature:
Non-Flavored Mouthguards: 150 temp indicator should Green/Gold in color, or about 145 degrees
Flavored Mouthguards: 140 temp indicator should be Green/Gold in color, or about 135-140 degrees
- Insert mouthguard, facing up, into water
- Wait about 35 - 45 seconds, and gently remove. (use a spoon edge to slightly move mouthguard in water after 30 seconds to avoid it sticking to bottom)
- Remove mouthguard from warm water. Handle gently as mouthguard will be very pliable. Make sure soft walls are straight and the arch channel is clear for fitting onto teeth
- Bring lower jaw forward and up into base of mouthguard with teeth in alignment with lower channel. Bite down hard on mouthguard, suck in strongly, and use fingers to press edges of mouthguard into teeth and gum line through lips and cheeks for 45 seconds.
- Center and align mouthguard on upper teeth. Push up on bottom and inside rim of mouthguard along all teeth then slowly bite down into front channel to initiate customer impression
- Clench teeth slowly together, yet firmly, on the whole mouthguard and begin to suck out air and press tongue against inside rim of mouthguard
- Firmly press outside of front walls against front row of teeth and gums, then close mouth and suck in air to create a vacuum. Continue to compress mouthguard against all teeth and gums by pressing on outside of lips and cheek
- Maintain pressing and compressing mouthguard against teeth and gums with firmer bite until mouthguard has started to harden. Keep in mouth for at least 4 minutes which allows for continual custom adjustment while material hardens
- Drinking ice cold water and swirling around mouthguard after two or three minutes can speed hardening process while continuing to keep a vacuum effect by sucking in air.
- Remove mouthguard and immerse in ice cold water for three to five minutes and check fit. If not as tight a fit as desired repeat warming instructions, use Temp strip and immerse in 140- degree water for 30-35 seconds and repeat fit process.
Click here for a printable version of these instructions
- Never chew or distort Mouthguard. This will damage the mouthguard, shorten longevity and reduce or ruin fit and effectiveness.
- Store at room temperature, preferably in a clean mouthguard case.
- Clean and rinse after each use.
If for any reason your mouthguard does not fit perfectly, please contact us at email@example.com or call 800-233-6956 and we will assist you in getting the perfect fit.