MicroFit Mouthguard Fitting Instructions
To Fit This Mouthguard You Will Need:
- MicroFit Mouthguard
- Measuring cup
- Slotted spoon
- A clock or watch with second hand
- Heat water to between 140 F and 150 F. DO NOT BOIL. Water should be just hot enough that you can't quite dip your finger in it.
- Place mouthguard in water, detailed side up, until MicroFit mouthguard softens. Check the softness of the mouthguard with the spoon or fork. DO NOT KEEP IN WATER TOO LONG. This should be 30-40 seconds.
- Once mouthguard is soft, carefully remove MicroFit mouthguard from water with a slotted spoon or fork. Keep MicroFit mouthguard flat. If needed, you can gently pull/stretch the MicroFit mouthguard if it looks like it has shrunk in size. Do not let it fold over onto itself.
- While looking in the mirror and using two hands to support the MicroFit Mouthguard, place the mouthguard in your mouth with front teeth centered and aligned with the recessed center guide to line up teeth in the middle of the guard. Bite down gently. Carefully remove the MicroFit mouthguard and look at the teeth impressions to make sure they are centered along the arch. If not centered, realign.
- Gently bite down on MicroFit mouthguard and use tongue to press the material into back of teeth while lifting and pressing the edges up on the front teeth with your fingers. Use fingers to mold the MicroFit mouthguard to cover the rest of your teeth. Press evenly.
- With teeth firmly clenched on the whole mouthguard, close lips and begin to suck out air until the MicroFit mouthguard hardens to a close, comfortable fit. Continue to push on the lips and cheeks to form.
- Remove mouthguard and cool in cold water for 30 seconds. Replace into mouth and test for a good, firm fit.
- If you are unhappy with your fit, simply place your formed MicroFit mouthguard back in the hot water and wait for the material to soften and repeat fitting. If needed, you can gently pull/stretch the mouthguard back to a flat shape..
- Never chew or distort Mouthguard. This will damage the mouthguard, shorten longevity and reduce or ruin fit and effectiveness.
- Store at room temperature, preferably in a clean mouthguard case.
- Clean and rinse after each use.
If for any reason your mouthguard does not fit perfectly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-233-6956 and we will assist you in getting the perfect fit.