Gel Max Mouthguard Fitting Instructions
To Fit This Mouthguard You Will Need:
- Gel Max Mouthguard
- Slotted spoon
- A clock or watch with second hand
- Fill saucepan with 3 to 4 inches of water. Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Remove water from heat source. Let water stand for 30 seconds, then place mouthguard in water for 75 seconds. Do not exceed 90 seconds. For strapped mouthguards, attach tether before placing in water.
- Carefully remove mouthguard from hot water with a slotted spoon.
- Cool mouthguard under tap water for 1-2 seconds only to bring surface temperature to a comfortable level.
- Lick your lips before placing mouthguard in your mouth.
- Watching in mirror, line up mouthguard carefully with the centerline of upper teeth. Fit mouthguard onto and around upper teeth and press firmly into molars first then front teeth.
- Bring lower jaw forward and up into base of mouthguard with teeth in alignment with lower channel. Bite down hard on mouthguard, suck in strongly, and use fingers to press edges of mouthguard into teeth and gum line through lips and cheeks for 45 seconds.
- Remove mouthguard and cool in cold water for 30 seconds. Replace into mouth and test for a good, firm fit.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 if fit is not accurate.
Click here for a printable version of these instructions
- The Gel Max Mouthguard will expand up to 20% during the fitting process when molded correctly. It may seem small at first but it will fit! (see below for before & after reference)
- If you didn't get the perfect fit the first time, you can try again! Just repeat the process from the beginning
- The Gel Max Mouthguard is not compatible with braces, but we have a wide variety of Braces Mouthguards available. If you already bought a Gel Max and need a braces mouthguard instead, contact us and we'll exchange it free of charge.
If for any reason your mouthguard does not fit perfectly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-233-6956 and we will assist you in getting the perfect fit.