Senior Demand Planner
To be considered for this important position within our company, please send your resume to HR@ShockDoctor.com with subject line “Senior Demand Planner”. This position will be based in our Minnetonka, MN office.
United Sports Brands is a global leader in sports performance and protective products designed to help athletes perform at their personal best. Brands within the company’s impressive portfolio include Shock Doctor, the #1 global leader in mouthguards; McDavid, a brand at the top of the recommended lists of pro athletes, sports medicine professionals and athletic trainers for more than 30 years; Cutters, the innovative leader in the athletic glove market and high performance glove grip technology; XO Athletic, a premium, game-changing developer of athletic cups and sports protection; and Nathan the Running Essentials™ market leader in athletic hydration and visibility products. Our products are sold at the major sporting goods retailers as well as a significant number of independent sporting goods retailers and distributors throughout the U.S. and in selective international markets and through our consumer direct websites at www.ShockDoctor.com; www.McDavidusa.com; www.CuttersSports.com; www.XoAthletic.com; www.NathanSports.com
The Demand Planner will be responsible for providing demand forecast planning and analysis expertise/support to assist Shock Doctor in achieving its business goals. This individual will help lead the demand planning consensus processes which entails interacting with the Sales Team, maintaining RockySoft Demand Plan forecasting system, measuring and reporting forecast accuracy, and interacting with Director of Inventory Planning.
- Execute monthly / quarterly demand forecast process and model including gathering inputs, consolidate information across systems, data entry, and analysis.
- Facilitate the consensus process on a monthly basis between customer forecasts gathered by sales and other internal and external inputs/indicators.
- Document and challenge forecast assumptions based on the analysis of process inputs into forecast models and monthly updates.
- Measure and report forecast accuracy at customer, channel and product levels.
- Identify forecast accuracy root causes and refine model/process to ensure continuous improvement of the overall process.
- Participate in new products, international and annual planning forecasting process.
- Assist with completing initial forecast input into purchasing model.
- Create and provide monthly Demand Planning Summary Report to Senior Leadership by channel and product level.
- Facilitate and become the system expert on RockySoft planning tool.
- Create, and run the monthly consolidated demand report, by item, and provide recommendation to Purchasing Department.
- Review and reconcile demand forecast to projected inventory on hand.
- 3+ years analytical demand and/or inventory planning experience on a consumer products business selling through the retail channel.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, finance or related field preferred.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organization.
- Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite - Mastery level Excel skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication and cross-functional collaboration.
- Capable of presenting information to all levels of management with supporting analysis and assumptions.
- Sees both the big picture and the detail.
- In depth knowledge and experience with various ERP systems, implementation teams, and/or designated power-user.
Position Compensation & Benefits:
United Sports Brands offers an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, a casual & flexible work environment, and a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture.
United Sports Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.